Jack Hawksworth started racing go-karts at the age of 13 in the UK. After winning the British Kartmasters Championship in 2010, he moved to the Formula Renault UK Championship where he won at Croft and scored multiple podiums.
Hawksworth moved to the U.S. in 2012 to try his hand at the Mazda Road to Indy ladder in the Pro Mazda series. In his rookie year, he shattered series records for the most wins and poles in a single season. With the Mazda Road to Indy scholarship, Hawksworth made his Firestone Indy Lights debut in 2013 with Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. He won three races and finished fourth in the championship. He joined Bryan Herta Autosport for the 2014 Verizon ndyCar Series season.
Away from the track, Hawksworth likes to keep busy by running and playing soccer or tennis.
VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES HIGHLIGHTS
• First start: March 30, 2014 (St. Petersburg)
ROAD TO THE VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES
• Finished fourth in Firestone Indy Lights standings for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports.
• Recorded victories in opener at St. Petersburg, at Toronto and Baltimore street course races -- the latter two from the pole.
• Posted seven top-five and 12 top-10 finishes in 12 races overall.
• Won Star Mazda championship for Team Pelfrey.
• Recorded eight victories in the 17 races.
• Finished fourth in Formula Renault UK Championship with win at Croft.
• Won British Kartmasters championship.
• Multiple podiums in KZ1 European championship.
• Won the prestigious Trofeo Margutti.
• Collected one win and numerous podiums in the DSKM German Championship; challenged for the KZ2 European Championship.
• Finished second in British Kartmasters Championship and took top rookie honors.