VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES HIGHLIGHTS
First start: March 29, 2008 (Homestead-Miami Speedway)
First victory: Aug. 31, 2008 (The Raceway at Belle Isle Park)
First pole: July 17, 2010 (Streets of Toronto)
• Finished 15th in Verizon IndyCar Series standings for Dale Coyne Racing.
• Recorded seven top-10 finishes, with best of fourth at Belle Isle 1.
• Led four races for total of 25 laps.
• Finished sixth in IndyCar Series standings for Dale Coyne Racing.
• Recorded seven top-five finishes, with a best of second at Sonoma.
• Posted 13 top-10 finishes overall.
• Had best qualifying effort of fourth at Baltimore, which is position he finished.
• Led four races for total of 19 laps.
• Finished 15th in IndyCar Series standings for Dale Coyne Racing.
• Won at Texas after starting 17th.
• Had six overall top-10 finishes.
• Competed in 11 races for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing. Suffered back injury in practice incident at Mid-Ohio in August.
• Recorded four top-10 finishes, with a best of fifth at Edmonton.
• Among the Firestone Fast Six competitors in the first three races of the season.
• Finished 11th in IndyCar Series standings for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing.
• Recorded eight top-10 finishes, with a best of second at St. Petersburg and Long Beach.
• Earned career-first pole at Toronto.
• Led two races for total of 43 laps.
• Finished ninth in IndyCar Series standings for Dale Coyne Racing.
• Gave Dale Coyne Racing its first IndyCar Series victory at Watkins Glen.
• Recorded three top-five and seven top-10 finishes.
• Started from the front row at three road/street course events.
• Led a total of 129 laps, including season-high 52 in finishing third at St. Petersburg.
• Finished 11th in IndyCar Series standings for Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing.
• Won at The Raceway at Belle Isle, leading final 15 laps.
• Recorded seven top-10 finishes overall.
ROAD TO THE VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES
• Finished second in Champ Car World Series standings for RuSPORT/ with a win at Assen.
• Won poles at Portland and San Jose.
• Recorded nine top-five and 12 top-10 finishes.
• Competed in Grand Am Rolex SportsCar Series finale at Utah for Michael Shank Racing.
• Finished second in Champ Car World Series standings for RuSPORT/RSports despite missing Surfers Paradise race because of injury.
• Recorded win at Edmonton, 10 top-five finishes and 11 top-10 finishes.
• Won poles at Mexico City and Toronto.
• Finished second overall in Rolex 24 at Daytona for Michael Shank Racing.
• Finished third in Champ Car World Series standings for RuSPORT, earning his first Champ Car victories (Toronto and Mexico City as well as his first pole (Mexico City).
• Had eight top-five finishes and four front-row starts.
• Finished 11th in Champ Car World Series standings for Mi-Jack/Conquest Racing with best finish of fourth at Mexico City.
• Recorded two top-five finishes and eight top-10 finishes.
• Entered Formula 1 with Minardi before signing with Jaguar Racing for the final five races of the season, starting with the German Grand Prix.
• Scored first point at U.S. Grand Prix at Indianapolis.
• Finished fourth in the Telefonica World Series by Nissan standings for Racing Engineering.
• Won at Valencia (Spain) and Interlagos (Brazil), earned podium finishes in six other events.
• Earned Champ Car test with Newman/Haas Racing.
• Became first British driver to win FIA International F3000 championship.
• Broke the record for most points in a season (71) and podium finishes (10) as well as setting a new winning margin from the runner-up (36 points).
• Won at Interlagos (Brazil), A1 Ring (Austria) and Hungaroring (Hungary).
• Finished fifth in FIA International F3000 championship for Nordic Racing.
• Earned points in five races including podium finishes at Silverstone (England) and A1 Ring (Austria).
• One of seven drivers to qualify for every round of the FIA International F3000 championship in what was his rookie season in the series.
• Scored points in two events.
• Won inaugural Formula Palmer Audi championship, taking nine races wins including six of the final seven.
• Set six lap records and won four poles.
• Finalist for the McLaren Autosport BRDC Young Driver of the Year Award.
• Finished fourth in the Formula Vauxhall for Paul Stewart Racing.
• Earned three wins, two poles and seven podium finishes.
• Placed second in Formula Vauxhall Junior Championship for Paul Stewart Racing.
• Finished in the top five in every race with victory at Brands Hatch.
• Won the Formula Vauxhall Junior Challenge Cup and finished third in the Formula Vauxhall Junior championship.
• Won the BRDC Chris Bristow Trophy given to the most promising driver to race at Silverstone.
• Won Formula Vauxhall Junior Championship debut with JLR Racing at age 16, the first 16-year-old to win a British auto race.
• Competed in karting, winning numerous races and club championships.