Luca Filippi started racing in the GP2 Series in 2006. In only his second year, he finished fourth in the championship and was chosen as a Formula One test driver by Honda F1. Two years later, he finished fifth in the championship and then went on to earn second place in the GP2 Asia Series in 2010.
In 2011, he finished second in both the GP2 Series (with three wins and four podiums) and the Auto GP (with one win and six podiums). He made his IndyCar Series debut in 2013.
VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES HIGHLIGHTS
First start: Aug. 4, 2013 (Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course)
• Competed in four races for Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.
• Recorded best finish of 15th at Houston 2.
• Qualified series-high fourth at Houston 1.
• Competed in four races in Barracuda Racing car for Bryan Herta Autosport.
• Recorded best qualifying position (eighth) and finish (10th) at Houston 1.
• Was running at the finish in three races.
ROAD TO THE VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES
• Vice champion GP2 and Vice champion AUTO GP.
• Finished second in the GP2 Asia championship, winning the Bahreing GP2.
• Finished fifth in GP2 Series standings.
• Won Portugal GP.
• Honda F1 Team official test driver.
• Finished fourth in GP2 Series standings.
• Earned Autosprint Golden Helmet.
• Entered GP2 Series.
• Was F3000 CSAI champion.